One of the major worries of gambling online is finding a reliable site. It is not a simple task, and new players often struggle to understand which site is authentic.
If you want to gamble on an authentic site, always check its license. Online casinos which have licenses operate legally and are generally recommended for gambling. Any site which has no license is not trustworthy.
But what makes these licenses play such a prominent role in deciding the gambling platform? Why do they determine if a site is authentic or not? Let’s learn all about it below.
What do Licensing Authorities do?
Licensing authorities play a major role in deciding if the casino is legal to gamble at or not. But remember, not all authorities are trustworthy either.
Licensing Authorities set certain rules and laws for the online casinos to follow.
- These are designed to ensure users get fair gambling opportunities. This means casinos cannot cheat players. They have to allow players to use their site to play fairly.
The games cannot be rigged to produce outcomes according to the casino. Instead, the games or game software must work independently to produce unbiased results. This ensures players earn their bet back along with winnings.
- Next, the licensing authorities also ensure that casinos pay users’ winnings honestly. The operators cannot just pretend to be online casinos and take players’ amounts. Any bet or games won by the punters are payable by the casinos. This includes jackpot games if the casino hosts them.
- Some online casinos tend to promote their platform by offering users lucrative deals. However, not all of them avail bonuses and promo offers even when players are eligible. According to the license, if the casino promises any bonuses or promotional deals, it has to pay the user if he has fulfilled all the bonus terms.
- The rule applies to the loyalty program benefits too. When users adhere to all the rules set by the casino and become a part of the loyalty program, the casino must provide the benefits of the VIP program to the users.
- The licensing authorities also ensure to protect users’ privacy. So, they direct the casinos to follow the Data Protection Laws according to the country or region of their operation. The data includes the personal info and banking info of the users.
- Another important thing is that the licensing authorities operate middlemen. If any dispute arises between a player and an online casino, either of the parties can approach the licensing boards for justice. This is usually beneficial for the players.
Since everything works out online, you cannot really track the casino operators and bring them to justice. However, you can approach the licensing boards and settle the matter.
The boards of respective casinos hear your matter and help lawfully resolve the issues.
Some of the Popular and Important Licensing Authorities
If you are new to the online gambling world, you wouldn’t know which licensing authorities are popular. Here are some of the important licensing authorities that give permits for the casinos to operate:
- Malta Gaming Authority (MGA)
- Gibraltar Regulatory Authority
- UK Gambling Commission
- Gambling Supervision Commission- Isle of Man
- Cyprus Gaming and Casino Supervision Commission
- Curacao eGaming Licence
How to check if the Casino is licensed?
You can visit the online casino to find its licence. It is generally mentioned at the bottom of the casino page. You will find the info on the casino owner, the company or brand under which the casino operates, and the licence.
As you can see, how much important the licences are at online casinos. Hence, it is highly recommended for the users to check and gamble at licensed casinos only. This will help keep your money, personal info and banking info safe!